Levamisole Hydrochloride 150 mg
Eradivam tablet contains levamisole. The drug is an anthelmintic agent (anti-worm). It is helpful in the treatment of worm infestations. And in combination it is also used to treat colon cancer.
- Treatment of worm infestations
- In combination with fluorouracil helps in treatment of colon cancer
- Helps in treatment of dermatological conditions like skin infection, leprosy etc.
As directed by the physician
Mechanism of action
The drug produces its action by stimulating the muscles of parasite worms by acting as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist and causes paralysis of parasite muscle.
The drug after oral administration is rapidly adsorbed by the gastrointestinal tract.
About 20-25% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. The metabolism of the drug is by hepatic enzymes. The drug attains its peak plasma concentration with in 2 hrs.
The excretion of the drug is through kidney
- Pregnant and lactating patients
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Patient with history of any blood disorder.
- Patient with Sjogren’s syndrome (dryness in eye and mouth)
- Hepatic impairment
- Regular check up by physician for improvement.