One of the triazole antifungal agents that inhibits cytochrome P-450-dependent enzymes resulting in impairment of ergosterol synthesis. It has been used against histoplasmosis, blastomycosis, cryptococcal meningitis & aspergillosis. Dusting Powder is a broad spectrum antifungal medicine used to treat skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch and ringworm. It also relieves symptoms such as burning, itching, cracking of the skin and discomfort caused by these infections.
- Nazotra Dusting Powder is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the mouth or vagina (thrush)
- skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch and ringworm
- Infections in finger and toenails.
Spread on affected area twice a day
Mechanism of Action
It is used to treat infections caused by fungi. Itraconazole works by preventing fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, which is an essential component of fungal cell membranes
Itraconazole, can inhibit P-glycoproteins causing drug-drug interactions by reducing elimination and increasing absorption of organic cation drugs. With conventional Itraconazole preparations serum levels can vary greatly between patients, often resulting in serum concentrations lower than the therapeutic index.For oral dose It has therefore been conventionally advised that patients take itraconazole after a fatty meal rather than prior to eating.
- Cystic fibrosis or other lung problems;
- liver or kidney disease
- A weak immune system
- breathing problems
- Any heart disease, including heart failureor angina (kind of chest pain)
- A medical history of irregular heartbeats
- Kidney disease, or if you are undergoing dialysis
- Liver or lung disease
- Pregnancyor if planning to get pregnant or if you are a breastfeeding mother
Allergic reactions to medications, food and preservatives