NAZOTRA 100 CAPSULES
Itraconazole 100 mg
NAZOTRA 200 CAPSULES
Itraconazole 200 mg
Nazotra Capsules contains Itraconazole. It is a triazole antifungal drug which has broad spectrum of activity than fluconazole.
- Fungal infections
- Blastomycosis (a disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.)
- Histoplasmosis ( infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.)
- Aspergillosis (a condition in which certain fungi infect the tissues, most commonly the lungs.)
200 mg per day in divided doses for 1-2 weeks
Mechanism of action
Nazotra capsules produces its action by interacting with cytochrome P450 which inhibits the conversion of lanosterol to ergosterol. It is the required necessary component of fungal cell wall. As the destruction of the cell wall causes leakage of the contents of the cell. It also causes inhibition of purine uptake and impairs the phospholipids synthesis required by the fungal cell.
After oral administration the bioavailability of the drug is 55%. The drug produces its maximal effect by when taken with full meals.
About 99.8% of the drug is bound to plasma protein. The volume of distribution of the drug is about 796 ± 185 L. The drug is mainly metabolized by liver.
The inactive metabolites of the drug is excreted in urine and feces.
- Not to be taken by the patients with the history of CHF ( Congestive heart failure )
- Should not be used in patients with cardiac problem
- Co-administration of certain drug can effect the action of drug